Tuesday, November 1, 2011

What happened....

I took M's advice and just started writing the story, no spellcheck, no re-reading. Just write.

I must advise there are TMI moments...

On the evening of October 6, I was in bed writing my DH a birthday card. (His bday is Oct 7)
I was waiting till midnight to give him his birthday present when I started having cramps.
After laying down and drinking lots of water I decided I had to call the Dr.
The Dr on call (very rude by the way) told me to just drink water and tylenol because It was normal to have this pain and if it was something bad there was nothing to do at this stage anyways. I couldn't believe she just said that to me. I was so angry!!!

I felt an urge to pee and while in the bathroom I checked down there with a mirror because something didn't feel right. That's when I saw some kind of a sac. I knew then something was not right.
We decided to go to the ER. Once there they said it was probably just a bladder infection, and told me to relax because that stress could affect the babies.
While at the ER I felt the urge to pee again. That's when I saw I was starting to bleed a little. I went crying hysterically to the Dr attending me at the ER. I told him I was starting to bleed and he said again to not stress out, that they were taking me for an U/S.
While I waited for the U/S I went to the restroom again and that's when my water broke. I just wanted to die.
They rushed me to get the U/S, alone, my husband was not allowed in the room, ER policies. The technician was not saying a word, I asked her if everything was ok and she said she was not allowed to say anything, that the Dr will give me the results. Once the U/S was done I felt my bladder was about to explode and asked if I could use the restroom. That's when I felt some liquid coming down my legs. I thought it was just more water, but it wasn't, it was blood.
They took me back to the ER and the Dr came in with the bad news. He said our little girl had no heartbeat and that she would either stay inside and be delivered when our baby boy was born or she would come out on her own. And they let me go home.

I couldn't believe what was happening to me, I thought it was just all a bad dream.

We got home at 6am and just laid in bed till it was time to go see my OB. When I stood up to pee at 8:00am while in the toilet my baby girl came out of me. I couldn't believe it was happening, I cried hysterically, I didn't have the courage to see. My DH came in and took our little girl out of the toilet and covered her to bring her to the OB.
He told me he just got what was in the toilet without seeing, he said he couldn't tell what it was, he said it looked like a big cloth, he lied, he just didn't want me to see.

When we got to the OB he confirmed our little girl was out, sent me for an U/S where they told me the placenta was still inside. That it would just come out on it's own or my body would just absorb it. He told me to stay in bed until my next check up in a week. They tested our littler girl for everything possible that could explain what happened but there was no answer. Everything was normal. We don't know what went wrong.

A week later I had an appointment with the OB, everything was normal, our little boy was growing perfectly my cervix was closed and long.
That afternoon I got a fever, the OB told me to take a tylenol and to call him if it got higher than 100.4, it did.

Saturday October 15, he decided to keep me hospitalized so they could monitor closely, doing B/W and stuff.
The fever continued, they didn't know what was wrong. He suspected I might have an infection in the amniotic fluid.

Wednesday October 19, he decided I should get an Amnio just to rule out the infection. Hours later our fears were confirmed. I was told I had to deliver my 17 week old baby boy before we both died. I couldn't believe this was happening. I just wanted to die with my baby inside. I didn't want to let go of my baby.

Hours later I was induced, contractions started really fast, the pain was strong. The OB suggested I get an epidural just in case they had to take me in for surgery.

Our baby boy was born at 8:33 PM, no heartbeat.

He was so beautiful, he was tiny but a completly formed baby. I held him for a while, touched him, kissed him and then said good bye. It was a moment I can't describe. I was not crying. I was so calm, it felt as if my baby was just sleeping in my arms.

As soon as we left L&D and took me to a normal room my world collapsed.

I still can't believe this happened, I still can't believe they're gone, and I still don't know why this all happened.

I miss my babies so much.

Today I would've been 19 weeks pregnant, but I'm not.

12 comments:

  1. Words cannot express the sadness I feel for you and your husband right now. I pray that you are able to find the strength and peace to get through this awful, horrid experience. Sending so much love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am at a loss for words because I can't think of anything that would bring you comfort. I wish I could just give you a big hug. I will be praying for your comfort and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lola, my heart just breaks for you. There are no words that would ever be enough to say. Sending thoughts, love, and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm terribly sorry that this has happened. I don't know what to say to make it better and I know that if I could say some magical thing, it would still hurt.

    I'll be thinking about you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so, so, so proud of you. You will be forever grateful that you put this in black and white. I promise. Life is so unexplicitly unfair sometimes and this is certainly no exception. I feel like the medical people in your world could have been a lot more sensitive and caring given the indescribable horrid nature of what happened to you (twice!). My heart breaks for you. As you pick up the pieces and go through the stages, I will be here with you, listening. xoxo M

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry. I wish I could do anything to help. My heart is breaking for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe or even try to imagine what you have been through, what you have felt and dealt with during this ordeal... I can only admire you for your incredible strength, as well as your unconditional and endless love for your babies... may they rest in peace like the beautiful little angels they are and may you find comfort and strength to overcome this pain... "keep climbing, keep the faith"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here from LCFA, I'm so terribly, terribly sorry for your loss. Babies dying will never ever make sense to me. I lost my twin son late in my pregnancy about 18 months ago...it has been a long and difficult journey. People don't know what to say, and often say nothing or say the wrong thing. People want you to 'get back to normal' forgetting that you live in a new normal now. Everything you feel is a testament to how much love your little ones were bathed in every day they were with you. Please be gentle on yourself and surround yourself with people who seem to 'get it'. Much love, Eve

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you! I am again so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry for what you've been through... having lost my baby at 20 weeks, I know that there are no words that can help with what you're going through and no amount of reassuring that will take the pain away. My heart goes out to you... it is such a tragedy to lose a child at any age and you've been through this now twice. Please know that we're all here for you and to be gentle on yourself... there's nothing you did or didn't do that caused this to happen. Your post brought tears to my eyes.. I found writing helped so much on my grief journey - let me know if you need another access link to my private blog. Here for you always xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reading your story made me cry. Making it as far as you did and still losing is so unfair! I just dont understand it. I hope you find peace.

    ReplyDelete



Waiting For Baby

June 2009- 4cm Fibroid found in Uterus
November 2009 - We got Married!
November 2009 - TTC
March 2010 - Hysterosalpingogram showe left tube blocked.
September 2010 - Fibroid now 9.5 cm
September 2010- Laparoscopy unsuccesful due to adhesions diagnosis Stage 4 endometriosis.
September 2010- Myomectomy 10.5 cm Fibroid removal, cleared some adhesions.
October 2010 - Continue TTC
December 2010 - Nothing yet move to IVF.

IVF #1 (2 embryos) - BFN
IVF #2 (3 embryos) - BFP
Boy/Girl Twins
Miscarriage 15 weeks
IVF # 3 (1 embryo) - BFN
FET # 1 (2 embryos) - BFP
Boy/Girl Twins
Miscarriage 21w4d

New Journey... Surrogacy
FET # June 27th, 2013


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved